Friday, February 19, 2010

Riverridge Golf Complex




 I owe my new found love of Golf  to Ric Jeffries, the owner and Pro at River Ridge. Years ago, about 1994, I was recovering from a very bad episod of VA Hospital. I weighed in at 165 lb and was barley able to walk. I had made the two block trip from my house in downtown Eugene to Mona Lisa Resturant on Olive Street, sat at the bar, and tried valiently to get through a glass of beer. Ric was sitting next to me and ask what had happened to me. After the story he handed me his card and said "If you ever want to play some golf. lesson's are on me".
In 2007 I found that card and looked him up. He remembered me( though now I weigh 250 lb) and gave me my first lessons.
Now I try to get out to his short course, Sutton Ridge at least once a week to tune up.

No comments:

Post a Comment