Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Trip to the Umpqua Valley Pays Off


On the way down to the Umpqua Valley and to Elkton this morning in search of wine for the OMP auction, I stopped by Middlefield Golf Course and wished I had time for at least 9.  They have a very nice 5000 Yard  (from the blues) course and a friendly staff. The sun was out and the leaves were bright with fall colors. I had played there a few weeks ago and ask if they would be willing to be a part of the "18 @ 18" and they agreed. I picked up a gift card from Steve Zeek and was on my way south, still wishing for a good shot down the fairway. I will be back.

Once I was through with the wine gathering in Elkton and was headed for the wineries in the north Umpqua area I had time to stop by the Umpqua Golf Resort and Andy Smith gave me a certificate for play for 18 holes. The place looks like a great playing course and I plan on going back when the rains stop for a while.
This is the first tee and if it had not been so wet I would have come back for wine another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment